Saturday, June 10, 2023

Welcome to my Golf Course Photo Tours

Thank you for taking the time to check out my golf course blog. The main focus of this blog is for you to preview golf courses I have photographed since 2006.  I don't think you will find another website with more photographs of golf courses than this one. You will notice that initially I was snapping only a couple photos of a few holes at each course. It has now evolved into more than 125 pictures starting out with the club house facilities, historical photo's, and practice area. Next, I try to obtain a yardage guide and start out each hole with a photo of it followed by several shots of the hole from various angles. By clicking the SLIDESHOWS icon above and then clicking on a particular golf course you will hopefully get a nice feel for individual courses. The average slide show will last about 6 minutes, so there are many hours of viewing available if you have the time.

As of the end of 2022, I will have photographed 512 courses (foreign courses will be followed by asterisks*) and over 78,500 photos taken since I bought that first digital camera in 2006.  I am currently on my 5th camera and am using a Sony DSC-RX100M3, 20 Megapixels, with Carl Zeiss lens. Actually, I think my Iphone 11 takes better photo's.

Any new courses I photograph I will post ASAP. Check back often for new posts, recent courses photographed, and my bi-monthly words of wisdom and Golf Quote/Jokes. If you look under the CHRONOLOGICAL icon above you will see when I first played a course and how I rated it in my six color system (red=poor to black=excellent). Under the STATE/REGION, I have ranked the courses from the best on down in each area. Hopefully, if you are undecided about a course to play this will give you a better idea about the quality of that particular course.

The SCORECARD icon will explain how the color coded rating system works and a numerical breakdown. TRUE LINKS will take you to all the True Links Golf Courses, as determined by Top100Golf Courses.com and George Pepper's book, that I have played in the world. I hope you enjoy the photo tours and my progress towards 1000 courses played.

The ACTIVE SLIDESHOW running above are some of the better photos of courses I have played the past few years.(currently having technical problems with that function)

You can also follow Inpursuitof1000golfer on INSTAGRAM and  TWITTER  @inpursuitof1000 Check Twitter to see which new courses I have just played and for most recent course photos. The Instagram account will have the Top 10 photo's from that course available to view. I always look forward to and enjoy playing with the local members. Tweet me if you see I am in your area.

**NOTE** starting with #850 I have not been able to post any NEW pictures directly to the above Slideshow or True Links headers. You will need to copy the link manually (or go to my Twitter account, and click on the active link) to view the most recent photo's. Hope the NEW WEBSITE in early 2023 solves these problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment