Friday, December 11, 2009

Slideshows

In 2006, I entered the digital world and bought a Sony camera that was small enough to slip in my back pocket. Initially, I would snap a shot of an interesting hole, then I progressed to taking one per hole. It has now evolved into trying to take a series of photos (100+) to get a feel for the whole golf club. You will notice that the first photos of each slide show are all about the history, physical structures, and practice areas of the club. Next, I try to either take a photo of the hole marker or of the yardage book to give you an idea of what you will be seeing. Usually I try to take 3 or more photos from the tee to the green. Sometimes I get distracted, usually by a bad golf shot, and miss a photo here and there. A few rounds the weather has not cooperated and prevented me from taking any pictures and you might see only the yardage guide. Some of the courses that I have played more than once since 2006 I have done some updating with newer photos. It is interesting to see the changes that have been made and how courses look in different seasons. Hole #16 at Bandon Dunes is an example of how the look of a hole can change from the last time I played it. Check out the side bar, under Slideshows, and I have posted most of the better courses I have photographed from 2006 to the present. The average slide show will take about 7 minutes.

To view a particular course first click on it and you will be taken to its Picasa album, next click on slide show, last click on F11 for full screen. You can adjust the pace of viewing by going to the bottom of the picture and clicking on the + to add more seconds to each view. Initially the range is set at 3 seconds per slide. I hope these slide shows will give you a better idea of what to expect at the courses you may be considering. If you have already played the course I hope it brings back fond memories. If you are unable to play the course these should give you a good flavor of the club. Foreign courses are followed by an asterisk *.

No comments:

Post a Comment