Saturday, May 5, 2012

2012 Ireland trip

This years trip to the Emerald Isle is now in the late planning stage. I will arrive in Dublin on the 9th of May and proceed directly to Pat Ruddy's highly acclaimed links course, The European Club. From there I will travel South to the stunning Old Head and West to the Lahinch area and return back to Dublin with the final round at Laytown and Bettystown on the 21st. In between I hope to play another 10 rounds. Not nearly close to the 23 rounds I played last year, but I am another year older and still not 100% back in playing shape.

After my return I will post all the pictures ASAP and do a comprehensive rating of the three dozen courses, accommodations and restaurants I have experienced the past two Springs. There are a few courses that I still want to see, but have been unable to schedule, which will give me a good excuse to return once again to Ireland.

Course schedule:
The European Club 5/09
Rosslare-Old (rained out)
Cork GC 5/11
Old Head 5/12
Waterville 5/14
Dooks 5/15
Tralee 5/16
Ballybunion-Old 5/17
Ballybunion-Cashen 5/17
Doonbeg 5/18
Lahinch-Old 5/19
Sutton 5/20
Laytown and Bettystown 5/21

No comments:

Post a Comment