Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Year in Review = 79 New courses

The year began with the sale of my home in Florida. This allowed me to finally justify taking off for the rest of the winter to the Land Down Under. 21 new courses in New Zealand, Tasmania, and Melbourne region of Australia resulted from that 6 week excursion. A spectacular part of the world with wonderful people which I hope to return again soon.

Summer and into Fall netted me another 19 new courses. I finally finished off playing every hole that is active in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Interesting that one course starts in Wisconsin but has 4 holes in the U.P. That was the last hurdle holding me back for the past couple of seasons. If you have the opportunity during July and August, the U.P. is a beautiful place to visit with temperate weather. Make sure to visit Greywalls GC in Marquette.

November found me renting at The Villages for 6 weeks until before the Holidays. All 48 courses could have been conquered in that time, but I decided to come back for another month in January. So 39 new courses were added to my list including all 12 of the Championship courses. Look for forthcoming articles ranking the Championship and Executive courses.

79 New Courses is a new yearly record for me and has gotten me down to only 291 courses until my milestone #1000 course. The other carrot that keeps me going is shooting my age on a regulation length course. As we all do after a round and play the "what if game", I had a couple of shots at it this year but could only get within 4 strokes. Soon I will be another year older and who knows when I might find lighting in a bottle for a round.

Wishing you all a Happy, Healthy, New Year in 2017!!

No comments:

Post a Comment