Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Closing in on 50 States Played

The first of my three main personal golf pursuits is coming close to fruition- playing in all 50 states. I am just putting the finishing touches on a trip out west, in mid-September, that will take me to my 48th (SD) and 49th (Nebraska) states. I have some really impressive courses lined up but was unable to get on at Sand Hills due to the lack of caddies. Unaccompanied guests can't play without one there, so I am out of luck. The highlight will be meeting back up at Ballyneal with an old friend who I met at Royal Portrush in 2011. Any guesses what might be the last state left on my list? Hoping to finish off this quest on my next birthday.

West Bend CC- West Bend
Prairie Greens GC- Sioux Falls
The Prairie Club, Dunes and Horse Course (10)- Valentine
Dismal River, Red and White Courses- Mullen
Ballyneal and Mulligan Course (12)- Holyoke
Field of Dreams movie site- Dyersville

No comments:

Post a Comment