Monday, September 20, 2021

#861 John James Audubon (9) 9/20/21

After returning from Oregon I took 36 hours to repack and head north in my vintage SUV to the Midwest. My second day I didn't have time for 18 so I searched for a low priced 9 hole track. I was very fortunate to come across this Larry Packard, 1973 design, in Henderson, KY for $12.50 with cart. Little did I know that it had a wonderful museum about John James Audubon adjacent to the course which is free to Seniors on Mondays. There is a theater that you can view two different presentations about Audubons interesting life. His intricate drawings of wildlife was the result of him killing all the wildlife and returning to his study and closely examining them.

The course is owned/operated by the State Park system and is well maintained. Every hole with the exception of the two fine par 3's has lots of elevation change. You will definitely want to take a cart here. This was a very enyoyable afternoon and I had the course to myself. Cabins are available to rent if you need accomodations. Gold rated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j49GJBgePNx6ywe57

No comments:

Post a Comment