Tuesday, September 14, 2021

#859 Sheep Ranch 9/14/21

After 10 years I finally made it back to my favorite golf resort, Bandon Dunes (BDGR). Since my last visit they have added a putting course, a short course and the Sheep Ranch. On my previous three trips here I had tried to get on the original Sheep Ranch short course, but for various reasons never made it. There are eight greens that bring the Pacific ocean into play, which are more than Bandon and Pacific Dunes courses combined. Holes #6 and #16 (my favorite shot) you must play your tee shot over the beach below. Coore and Crenshaw did an excellent job of routing on this small parcel which plays 6636 yards, par 72, from the tips.

With the strong winds coming off the ocean one of the issues has been keeping sand in the bunkers. The resort would water the bunkers to help hold the sand in them. They solved that problem by having only grass bunkers here. The par three #3 and #16 share a huge double green that ends on the edge of the ocean. I played two rounds at the TRUE LINKS Sheep Ranch on this trip and it is the most player friendly with the best ocean views of all the five championsip courses. Black** rated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AzTYRAAhDpDAL1bV7
Copy link or go to my Twitter to view

No comments:

Post a Comment