Friday, January 21, 2022

#873 Otter Creek at The Plantation GC 1/21/22

The Plantation is a 36 hole complex in Leesburg, FL. The two nines at Otter Creek had to have been designed a few years apart or by different architects because they are so dissimilar. The front nine is very poorly conditioned with only four holes interesting-3,6,8,9. The back nine has newer housing and six nicely designed holes but again the conditioning is spotty at best. I would rate the F9 a Green and B9 a White for this 1988 George Clifton design. I had a $20 Group Golfer voucher and would say that was a fair value for this 18, with $15 of it going towards the back nine. Will wait until May to come back and try the other course and hope for better conditions. White-

Why no photo's of this course? I only photograph above average courses (Black, Blue, Gold rated), True Links, and Villages Championship which make up about 60% of the courses I have played. The lesser courses usually don't have enough quality holes of interest. I do post a few pictures of every new course I play on my Instagram account @inpursuitof1000

No comments:

Post a Comment