Friday, April 1, 2022

Return to County Donegal and Rosapenna 2022

After over 2 years of Covid craziness I am hopeful of finally getting out of the country and returning to Ireland for the third time this Fall. On my 2011 trip I started in Dublin and went across the top of Ireland ending up in Carne. 23 rounds in 18 days and 10 lbs lighter I felt like I could have played golf forever. On that journey I had one stretch of real bad weather and it was in the NW Donegal region. At Ballyliffin Old it rained non stop the whole round (no Photos), next day was Sandy Hill and it snowed (would have frozen to death if Frank didn't make me take a buggy which allowed us to come back in and warm up), the third day was Cruit Island which I could not find so I headed south to Nairn and Portnoo where the winds were 45 MPH sustained and my traveling partner threw up on the way due to the winding roads. Can't get much worse than that stretch so I am returning with high hopes of sunshine and dry September weather.

I just confirmed the trip plan which is 12 nights and 12 rounds of True Links golf all in County Donegal. The highlight will be playing the new Tom Doak, St. Patrick's design at Rosapenna Resort twice. Below are my scheduled rounds:
Gweedore(14)
North West
Dunfanaghy
St. Patrick's x2
Coastguard Nine(9)
Sandy Hill
Old Tom Morris
Cruit Island (9)
Bundoran
Narin and Portnoo
Donegal

No comments:

Post a Comment