Thursday, July 14, 2022

#878 Hernando Oaks GC

Hernando Oaks GC is a 2003 Steve Pate design in Brooksville, FL. This is the only Steve Pate course that I can verify that he designed all by himself. I am venturing further out as I have played almost every course in a 40 mile radius of The Villages. The course had modern contouring of the FW's and green complexes (Tiff/Eagle). There was heavy rain the night before and most of the bunkers were flooded but without any rain they would have been bad. Lack of sand and weeds growing in them is the one major negative for this course.

I found eleven holes interesting, Front 9(1,4,5,7,8,9) and the Back 9(10,13,16,17,18) by far the most enjoyable as it is totally isolated from any development with a strong finishing stretch. Even with the poor bunkers I gave it a GOLD rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment