Friday, August 12, 2022

#884 Warren GC at Notre Dame

Warren GC at Notre Dame was designed in 1999 by Coore and Crenshaw, in South Bend, IN. The course is well conditioned but with very little elevation changes. It is not as pancake flat as another C and C design I played, Talking Stick North in Scottsdale. With the minimalist philosophy of Bill and Ben it makes for a visually, challenging template. Notice in my photo's how the fairways are lifeless without any contours. Ideally, the terrain needs to be rolling to make a Coore/Crenshaw most interesting for me. Warren is very playable for every skill level and an easy walk but after playing Culver it was a very mundane experience. The B9 is more interesting with the creek winding its way through it on three holes. The #16 short Par4 was my favorite hole and the 18th was a real challenging finisher. Of the 12 Coore/Crenshaw courses I have played this ranks near the bottom. I did have perfect weather and an enjoyable foursome to play with on this day.BLUE-

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VyiHB5bDXtPjfbZGA

No comments:

Post a Comment