Monday, June 21, 2021

#851-True Blue GC 6/21/21

True Blue GC was designed in 1998 by Mike Strantz and is located across the street from Caledonia on Pawleys Island. It rained about 5" overnight and when we arrived at the first tee the starter elicted the three words I despise "Cart path only". I was dealing with a foot injury and had to decide if I wanted to just aim for the cart paths or drop near them instead of hitting The Big Dog. Unfortunately, The Big Dog has become a puppy and presently isn't flying very far. Strantz came out of the box at True Blue with many interesting holes, lots of risk/reward doglegs, and a bolder design than next door. It is only ranked #28 in SC by Top100golfcourses.com , which I feel is way underated. He always pays lots of attention to his par 3 designs and #14 is one of his best. With all the expansive sand on this hole , I found the tiny pot bunker. As usual Strantz finishes with a strong #18, right in front of the clubhouse so everyone can admire or chuckle at your apporaoch over water. It is a toss up of which Strantz course I would want to play first here, probably True Blue. Blue rated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jLmWJ5wFWGFxT8V69

Please go to my Twitter account to view the slideshow or copy and paste link.**

No comments:

Post a Comment