Tuesday, June 22, 2021

#852-Tobacco Road GC 6/22/2021

Mike Strantz's, 1998 design, at Tobacco Road is the wildest layout of all his courses I've now played (5 out of 7). It is rated as high as #52 in Public Courses in the US, #8 in NC. It would be a golf supt nightmare to maintain it with all the sand and bunkers. If you love blindshots, risk/reward, heroic shots, massive greens with lots of undulations, and the genius of Strantz who puts so much detail into each hole, this is your nirvana. I've played several FUN courses,(Cruden Bay, NBerwick, Prestwick, Greywalls) but this tops all of them. Don't expect to shoot low here, just enjoy the experience and excitement. Every hole was unique and memorable with #1,5,6,9,11,13,14,16,18 exceptional. A course when you walk off you are already planning the next time you can play it. God willing I will be back again. Black++ rating.
I misplaced my camera and had to use my old phone for these pictures. So coupled with the cloudy day the quality of pictures are lacking.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PFQg4aC4kDgFdbWw8

Go to TWITTER@inpursuitof1000 to see the above photo's or copy and paste the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment