Sunday, October 3, 2021

#865 Buffalo Ridge 10/3/21

Buffalo Ridge is part of The Big Cedar Lodge resort in Hollister, MO. Originally, the 1999 Tom Fazio design was called Branson Creek but Johnny Morris bought it and re-imagined it in 2014.

I have played almost 40 of Tom Fasio's designs and he is one of my top 5 architects. His courses are always very playable with aesthetic bunkering and a couple of good short par 4's. I really thought the front 9 here was one of his better ones I've played, great variety and all holes memorable. The best holes on the back are 14, 15, 17, and 18 which reminded me of his finishing hole at Tree Tops. Of the three Championship courses here I thought this was a close second to Ozark National. Black** rated

https://photos.app.goo.gl/x21RZ9UXAPhtRCqC7

No comments:

Post a Comment