Monday, October 4, 2021

#866 Ozarks National 10/4/21

Ozarks National, near Branson, MO, is a 2019 design of Coore and Crenshaw at Red Cedar Lodge resort. CC are one of my top 5 modern architects and I have played 10 of their courses to date. Very minimal earth movement is their trademark. Talking Stick North was my first exposure of the duo and my first impression was "This course is flat as a pancake and about as minimal as you could ever play." I was underwhelmed. With time I have come to appreciate the subtleness of their genius.

After playing the visually stimulating Buffalo Ridge course the day before, I was again a bit underwhelmed on the first tee here. When I got to #4 with its infinity green, that was the first hole I really liked and one my favorites on the F9. As you may have noticed, I love most short 4's and #5 is one of the better ones I have played. #8 is the best par 3 IMO and #9 is a nice finish to the F9. The B9 has a nice variety of holes with two ballbusters at the 254 yd #12 and 480 yd #13. At the long, uphill, dogleg left thirteenth, I hit my two best shots and still was short. Par 4 #15 incorporates a blind tee shot and finishes next to the halfway house which allowed me to grap another couple bags of the delicious Bass Pro steak jerky.

The weather was perfect my day at Ozarks National and I place it in the middle of all the CC courses I have played. All three championship courses at Big Cedar Lodge rank as low Black** with Ozark at the top. I am very much impressed with the assortment of golf, variety of activities in the area, and quality of everything associated with the resort.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TzGE3MEhyrX7FvYH6

No comments:

Post a Comment