Monday, October 4, 2021

#867 Top of the Rock (9) 10/4/21

Top of the Rock is a 9 hole short course designed by Jack Nicklaus in 1996. It is located about a 15 minute drive from Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, MO with great views from the highest point in the county. The holes here are a very traditional design, contained inside of concrete cart paths with curbs which limit you from leaving the path. It is like going to a kiddy amusement park where your car is attached to rails underneath it. The holes are very aesthetic, well conditioned, and I would guess this is the most expensive 9 hole short course ever built.

Short courses are all the craze now and I have played several of them. My expectation is that when I play one I want to see some really wild and crazy non-tradtional stuff. Ballyneal Mulligan and Bandon Preserve are two that I had a fun time trying to negotiate challenging green contours and elevation drops. Top of the Rock at $165 is to tame and expensive for me to come back and play again. There is a nice restaurant with scenic views, ancient museum, and cave tour you could partake in here. Blue rated

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CTm47b7nprzfmDxCA

No comments:

Post a Comment